Much of the quality in all DEVAUX Champagnes is in large part thanks to:
- parcel selection (for the Collection D range),
- sustainable vineyard management,
- technical support and follow-up at each key stage of the season,
- pressing as close to the vineyard as possible.
This quality approach (called "Vineyard Quality Process") applies also in the cellar, where the following principles are observed:
- ageing of reserve wines (wines from previous harvests) in predominantly oak vats,
- use of only first press wines (the“cuvée”) in the blend for the Classics and “cœur de cuvée” for the Collection D,
- extended ageing in the bottle following the“prise de mousse”,
- labelling by hand for the Sténopé and Collection D special bottles.