Much of the quality in all DEVAUX Champagnes is in large part thanks to:
- - parcel selection (for the Collection D range),
- - sustainable vineyard management,
- - technical support and follow-up at each key stage of the season,
- - pressing as close to the vineyard as possible.
This quality approach (called "Vineyard Quality Process") applies also in the cellar, where the following principles are observed:
- - ageing of reserve wines (wines from previous harvests) in predominantly oak vats,
- - use of only first press wines (the“cuvée”) in the blend for the Classics and “cœur de cuvée” for the Collection D,
- - extended ageing in the bottle following the“prise de mousse”,
- - labelling by hand for the Sténopé and Collection D special bottles.